Do you love making something happen? Want to do something good in your community? Like working with others in a team?
Come and be a part of something which makes people smile and help us run a great programme of public events.
Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens Trust is a tiny charity with a big Garden – 10 acres!! We are run by volunteers and rely on volunteers to keep the charity going.
We love to share the space with people and, to help us keep the charity going, we also run over 25 public events and 40 family activity sessions. Our volunteers run a small café and a shop too.
Events range from musical afternoons through outdoor family theatre to 1940s nostalgia and rare plant fairs. Many activities happen at weekends or during school holidays.
Why not come and have fun making it fun for everyone.
What will I be doing?
Depending on the event and your preferences, you may be asked to:
- meet and greet visitors and make sure they can find their way about
- help set up and clear down the event
- help set up signs and flyers to advertise the events in advance
- staff the shop or stalls
- sell raffle tickets and tell people about membership
- take refreshments to other volunteers on the day
- help the organisers run a smooth event
- help direct traffic safely in the car park
What skills, experience and attributes do I need?
Along with being able to give your time on at least 2 or 3 occasions, we ask that you are
- flexible and willing to volunteer outdoors
- enthusiastic about what we do and helping at events
- willing to work as part of a team
- Some tasks might involve physically moving tables, equipment etc…. we can adjust according to your needs – there’s a variety of roles!
If you have specific skills and experience that you think might be useful, such as event management, graphic skills, leading teams, till experience, car parking, first aid – do please let us know when you apply.
But don’t worry, we will provide training and induction as needed – a willingness to help out and to learn the ropes is the main thing .
Want to know more?
You can: Phone. 0121 749 4100, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the form on this website here
Or come along to one of our regular Volunteer Open sessions , 10am- 12, 31st March, 28th April etc…
Download a copy of this (pdf) here : Events Support volunteering